Wednesday, June 9, 2010

R&B Dead??

First let me say this.Hip hop isnt dead....the artsit that are selling and makeing hits deserve it.. But in my opinion R&B artist are getting a raw deal..First..how the hell could B.E.T... not nominate Grammy winning singer Monica for best female singer of the year??Can you talk about a slap in the face!!B.E.T odviously didnt want to upset their big name stars like Beyonce,and Rhianna.Even though Monica has been around longer than the both of them..Don't get me wrong but I love Alicia Keys,but Chrisette Michele's voice and album was just as good as Alica if not better..But there goes the stereotype..Alicia is biracial,and Chrisette is not(hence the brown skin) Its room in the game for the both of them..if you ask me..Basically what I'm trying to say is I don't think i can stomach hearing Rhianna,Beyonce,and Kerri Hilson on the radio..Fantasia is our modern day Patti LaBelle..but she is labeled country..ghetto..and trashy..why is that?I guess if she pranced around in a bathing suit she in her next video(hence Beyonce) she would be called a diva.(or is it the dark skin and tattoos)R&B isn't dead yet but it is n a coma.Style over substance has taken over soul music..There artist in my eyes such as Teedra Moses..Yahzarah..Alice Smith..Goapele..that are some of the greatest in this generation..but then agian who am I?Just a fan...At the end of the year R&B legend Faith Evans is coming back with true r&b..Will she be accepted back into the game??I will damn sure be glad to turn on the radio and hear the First lady of R&B'S voice..But with that being said R&B and soul,isnt quite dead but it is in a come:(

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly listen to the radio because I'm so tired of the same artists being played every hour on the hour. It's hard to find new and emerging artists because the radio stations (mainly Clear Channel since they won almost every radio station in the country) doesn't put their songs into rotation. Especially in cities like Jacksonville an Orlando. But, cities such as Miami and Atlanta for instance has a few independent stations and they play whatever the hell they wants :)

    ReplyDelete